Re: Still having issues with Firefox and Thunderbird on TDE

Am Samstag, 13. März 2021 schrieb Edward:
> An additional attachment. One command says Vivaldi (stable) is the
> default, while xdg-settings says it's Firefox...
>

> --
> Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

Hi Edward,

AFAIK, there are a few different mechanisms to set "default browser":

1. Debian system, update-alternatives
2. Freedesktop.org: XDG, xdg-settings
3. TDE: configured via file extensions
3b. PCManFM-Qt: probably doesn't use the TDE mechanism and may have
another way to start programs for certain types of files
4. Firefox: (don't know how FF does it on a Linux system, I assume it
uses one of the first two)

Speculation: it may be possible, that konqueror starts an HTML-file with
konqueror and PCManFM with firefox through their own mechanisms…

Correct me if I'm wrong.

HTH

Cheers, Stefan