Re: Konquerorsu fails to show directories on startup

On Thursday 11 March 2021 22.39:39 Nigel Henry via tde-users wrote:
> Xubuntu 16.04.7  with TDE R14.0.9

> From the start:
> I changed the bottom of the desktop file (hide) from true to false so that
> konqueror su would show on the menu.

Sorry but I don't understand this

(...)

> Next started it from Konsole with a bunch of errors on the output and the
> same visual result when konquerorsu opened. see attachment
> Konsole-output-no-view-on-16.04.7.txt

Can't do this with su and I don't have sudo

(...)

> Anybody with a solution to the problem?
>
> I don't know if you will get this as I've been unable to move my
> subscription from the old list to the new one.

I did :)

> All the best,
>
> Nigel.

Hi Nigel,

Not having sudo (Debian and su here) I can't reproduce your problem.
In my tede however, konqueror as root is started a different way:

konqueror --profile filemanagement

but it it is started as root (advanced options -> Run as a different user ->
root)

Thierry