Re: Kmail Questions

Hello, Edward.

@1: Yes. KMail allows multiple accounts and multiple identities to be set up.

@2: Yes! In fact there are many different header themes included, and one of them shows the full e-mail headers.

@3: The TDEWallet/KWallet functionality is, if I remember correctly, optional both in KDE and TDE. In TDE you can just click "Cancel" when the Wallet creation dialog appears to skip this step.

But keep in mind, if you do not create a wallet then KMail will store your passwords as *clear text*. This might not be what you want to do. TDEWallet permits you to store all system passwords in one place, so you might consider it as an option...

I might be wrong, but I think Thunderbird actually uses Gnome Keyring (which is roughly an equivalent to the Wallets system) which gets unlocked on login.

Hope my answers were helpful.

Yours,
Mavridis Philippe