Re: How to achieve the legal status of the project?

Hi  Slávek!

I new this would pop up again :)

Anno domini 2021 Fri, 19 Feb 16:08:54 +0100
 Slávek Banko via tde-users scripsit:
> [...]
> 1. Fiscal host.
I dont' trust these organisations. If they are in US and under US law just stay away - without any exeption. That's what my lawyer yays, that's what I have experienced. When it comes to copyright/copywrong stay away from US as far as you can.

> [...]
> The SF Conservancy - https://sfconservancy.org/ - seems to be very well
US law - don't do it.

> Dyne.org - https://dyne.org/ - is another company providing such services.
> It provides legal status for Devuan, for example.
Devuan is "part of" Dyne.org, but as you say it's interconnections are intransparent. It may be good, it may be bad, but you need definitly a lawyer for the contract.

> 3. Our own non-profit organization.
I still would advice a "Verein" in Austria. Legal requirements are minimal ( https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassung.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Gesetzesnummer=20001917 - 14 Pages, that's all there is ), stautes of all unions are publicly visible (so secrets there). Statistically every austrian is member of at least 2 unions :)
Time needed: once per year a "meeting" should be held and finace is simple bookkeeping (in vs. out), total ~ 2-4 days of work. Formally a minimum of 3 persions is needed for contitution. statutes can be adapted any time.

Nik