Update Chimaera (bullseye) + TDE 14.1 works fine

Just to give a heads-up for all that want to upgrade from Beowulf to Chimaera: it works - and TDE 14.1 is better than ever.

Beowulf to chimaera is not a simple "apt update; apt dist-upgrade". First purge all GNOME libraries on your system. Then you'll need some passes of "apt upgrade", check for packages on hold ("apt-mark showhold"), update these, puge the chache, check for packages without candidate ("apt-show version|grep 'No avail'"), purge if unused, check again ... the whole process took ~ 3 hours on my t60/t61. Most time was spent on downloading packages. The upgrade process will most likely unistall libreoffice/freecad/zim/..., just reinstall that later. "terminator 0.96" does not work any more, 2.1.0 basicly works (colors are off, fonts need to be installed ... gtk3 crap after all). linuxcnc-uspace from the repos does not work due to some missing python2 suff. Kernel needs to be installed manually when you come from BPO.

Now TDE 14.1 ... this is very nice :) The volume control uses the incerement steps that are configured (14.0.1 did not). Automounting usb flashdrives brings up konqueror (as I configured it on 14.0.1 - that was gone in prev. version of 14.1). What's gone is the entry in the context menue that opened konqeror in the actual mountpount of a device. So I'm back to my quest of "media://" :)

To sum it up: IMO the upgrade is worth it.

Nik