Re: devicemapper problems.

On Sunday 14 February 2021, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> On 2021/02/15 01:51 AM, BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
> > Hi people (and others)
> >
> > Ok so in order to mount an add on devices like ext HD, I need to run
> > multipath -F to clear mount points. Otherwise it says the mount point is
> > busy.
> >
> > So here's how it goes. I have hotswap bays installed.
> > If take out one drive and insert and other I get the typical msg
> >
> > Unable to mount this device.
> > Potential reasons include:
> > Improper device and/or user privilege level
> > Corrupt data on storage device
> > Technical details:
> > org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Error.Failed: Error mounting /dev/sdj1
> > at /media/Preview1: Command-line
> > `mount -t "jfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid" "/dev/sdj1"
> > "/media/Preview1"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount:
> > /mnt/Preview1: /dev/sdj1 already mounted or mount point busy.
> >
> > Then, as root, I run multipath -F and all it good.
> > It just started doing this, this morning?
> >
> > Anything I should look for?
> >
> > Kate
>
> Hi Kate,
> it seems udisks2 has issues with that. Apologies for the stupid questions.
>
> 1) Did you correctly unmount (and possible ejected - not sure what is
> required for hot swappable disks) the disk first, before removing it?
> 2) Did you verify the path is no longer used after step 1?
>
> Cheers
>    Michele

Hi Michele,

Yes I did all that.
I don't know what happened but because I was going to resintall anyway, I did
so and the problem is gone. Everything works normally. I did read some where
having the same problem randomly pop up. Maybe a random bug?

Just in case it pops up for someone else, I have udisks2-2.1.6-1pclos2016
 installed.

Thanks for the input and sanity checks.

Kate