Re: Kpdf

Hi Stefan,

Am 06.Feb.2021 um 14:43 schriebst Du:

> Where is this file located on your system that you edit manually?

(Debian testing, TDE PSB, both up to date)
/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

> $ grep pdf /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
> application/pdf=atril.desktop;libreoffice-draw.desktop;
>
> there has to be another config layer in TDE to make that happen,
> because my system obviously is configured to use "atril" by default.

Very interesting. No entry in the cache but kpdf comes out of the dark.

> If the line "application/pdf=kpdf.desktop" is in mimeinfo.cache under
> $HOME it should override the entry in the systemwide mimeinfo.cache

I'll give that a try.

> > Is there a possibility to add in the installscript of kpdf the same
> > mechanism as in chrome and draw - a delete/replace statement?
>
> What would be achieved by that? You'd have to reinstall or
> dpkg-reconfigure kpdf

No. See your entry above. Atril has somewhere somehow a mechanism, that
withstands the attack of libreoffice to get deleted! And that same
mechanism would be very welcome in kpdf.

Regards, Peter.