Re: Please don't resend spam to the list [was Indian real estate spam]

> On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 04:14:55AM -0500, Gene Heskett via tde-users
> quoting spam wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 03 February 2021 03:38:44 spammer wrote:
> >
> > > [ quoted spam including links to their sites ]
>
> > Since when are we selling real estate on this list??
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>

> Do we really have to repeat spammer's messages, including re-posting
> their spam links?
>
> Resending spam is still spamming. Spammers gonna spam, its what they do,
> but I'm mad as a cut snake that regulars here would *help them* get
> their message out.
>
> Gene, take responsibility for your actions and don't dismiss it. You're
> not using Gmail that hides quoted text by default, the spam was right
> there in front of you when you chose to send the message. You are
> tech-savvy enough that you should know better and I'm pretty sure you
> could work out how to press the delete key to delete the offending spam.
>
> I'm disappointed that I have to say this: please don't forward or
> re-send spam to the mailing list. And that includes replying to it and
> sending the full quoted text.
>
> I get enough of this sort of thing from my Pointy Haired Boss. I didn't
> expect to get it here.
>

> --
> Steve
Hi Steve,

While I agree with not forwarding spam. I do believe you could have said it in
a kinder manner.

Sometimes people react, it's human nature (yuck humans).
So, as reminder, let's be civil to each other and kinder.

The spammers will be taken care of (ominous music plays). Until then, just
filter them out.

Kate

PS Pointy Haired Boss ugh.