Re: debug installed TDE

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 17:48:31 +0100
"Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'd like to get rid of system:/media/ and media:/ . My plan is to modify some tdeio libraries of my current TDE installation to do this, but this is where I hit a wall: Is there a way to get a minimal copy of code of the currently installed TDE - namely the tdeio part - build a modified version so that I can just copy the binaries over the current installed versions - without building and installing the whole TDE and installing it?
>
> Maybe somebody can put me on the right track here.

If you're grabbing release versions (14.0.9, frex), the source is broken up
into metapackages which can be downloaded and compiled individually.  You
probably want tdelibs and/or tdebase.  Most of the metapackages also have
CMake flags that will allow you to compile only one application at a time.
tdelibs is not subdivided into applications, so it's the largest chunk you might
have to build.

Hope that helps.

E. Liddell