Re: [users] kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

On 2021-01-13 18:17:05 deloptes wrote:
> J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> > Mapping to Canadian provinces wouldn't be too hard; where can I get the
> > list of stations?  Don't know about other countries; you'd have to ask
> > people from those places for help.
>
> https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/nsd_cccc.txt
>
> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdetoys/src/branch/issue/9/
>kweather/kweather/data/nsd_cccc.txt
>
> $ grep Canada nsd_cccc.txt
>
> Can you create a simple mapping ( station_ID state_ID) and review the
> state_ids below, please?
>
> [CA]
> name=Canada
> states=AB BC MB NB NF NS NT ON QC SK YK
	Also PE and NU; and according to Wikipedia, YK is commonly used, but the
official code is YT. (!)
	And, Newfoundland (NF) is now Newfoundland and Labrador (NL).  This seems to
be up to date now.  Note, though, that abbreviations in the nsd_cccc.txt file
might not be as up-to-date as this list: :-)

| New   | Old (Eng., Fr)  | Name
| ----- | --------------- | ---------------------
| AB    | Alta, Alb       | Alberta
| BC    | B C, C-B        | British Columbia
| MB    | Man             | Manitoba
| NB    | N B, N-B        | New Brunswick
| NL    | Nfld,N L, T-N-L | Newfoundland and Labrador
| NS    | N S, N-E        | Nova Scotia
| NT    | N W T, T N-O    | Northwest Territories
| NU    | Nvt, Nt         | Nunavut
| ON    | Ont             | Ontario
| PE    | P E I, I P E    | Prince Edward Island
| QC    | Que, Qc, PQ, QU | Quebec
| SK    | Sask            | Saskatchewan
| YT,YK | Yuk, Yn         | Yukon Territory

	Many of the entries in nsd_cccc.txt have the province appended to the
location instead of in the State field, but many more have none at all.  What
fun!

Leslie