Re: amarok and missing mp4v2 in Buster

On Wednesday 13 of January 2021 20:39:15 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> On 2021-01-13 13:28:01 Michael via tde-users wrote:
> > >
> > > 	Tamarok? :-)
> >
> > Nah, follow the existing TDE renaming convention, which I don’ know
> > actually, but it’s something like:
> >
> > trinity-amarok (debian)
> > ??? (redhat)
>
> 	Well, yes, for the package name.
>
> > And I’d guess there are more than debian and redhat as top level
> > distributions?  (OpenSUSE? Mandriva? PCLinuxOS?)  But, again, I don’t
> > really know how many distributions TDE works on?
>
> 	RedHat, OpenSuSE and Arch are RPM based.  I think Trinity runs on at
> least one flavour of BSD, and I wish it ran on OS-X, whose built-in
> desktop is even worse than Windows. :-)
>
> > Best,
> > Michael
>
> Leslie

Yes, as Leslie rightly pointed out, you mention the name of the package,
not the name of the binaries / libraries. This is a different level.
Package names for Debian-based distributions use "-trinity" as the suffix,
while for distributions using RPM, "trinity-" is used as the prefix.

For libraries and some binaries there have been many of renames to k => t,
k => tde, kde => tde. But many others still remain the original, so
potentially conflicting if installed in /usr instead of in a
separate /opt/trinity.

Renaming all remaning libraries and binaries will be a difficult task and a
big discussion. For example, the mentioned tamarok sounds good to me.
Alternatively, we can think of another long-playing song by Mike
Oldfield - like Taurus :)

Cheers
--
Slávek