linux and TDE on a chromebook

All:

I was surprised to see that a chromebook-related thread has not appeared on TDE forum since 2014.  Well, that is changing NOW !

I have a new Lenovo Flex 5 chromebook and recently purchased from COSTCO (at very good price and support BTW).  It provides Linux support (albeit beta) out of the box, and it is nice.  BTW, chromebooks are very nice and inexpensive for lots of things, but Linux support is relatively new.

So, yes, the Linux CLI is out of the box, and you can gain ssh connection with a bit of work.  It is running Debian/Buster too BTW out of the box if you are like me and a Debian user.

The next step I tried was to install TDE into it following the TDE instructions.  Too much of a gamble.  So, I at least interfaced the normal Debian sources.list, and then tried to install xfce4, and that broke it.

It is easy to start all over since it is a VM anyway within chromeos.

So, backing up a bit since I hit it pretty hard the first time.

Has anyone in this forum tried installing TDE and got it to work on a Linux VM under chromeos (chromebook) ?

Just thought I would ask.  Afterall, chromebooks are selling quite readily now, and being used worldwide.

James D. Freels, Ph.D., P.E.
freelsjd@xxxxxxxxx
865-457-6742 (landline)
865-919-0320 (cell)