Fwd: Re: Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

resent to list

Betreff: Re:  Re: kweather does not update weather data
[SOLVED]
Datum: Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021, 17:30:04
Von: William Morder <doctor_contendo@xxxxxxxx>
An: Stefan Krusche <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thursday 07 January 2021 08:21:53 you wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021 schrieb William Morder via tde-users:
> > >
> > > I have 7 stations and all of them show the information :/
> >
> > Ha! found it! (or at least I believe so).
> >
> > I poked around in network settings in the TDE Control Center, and it
> > turns out that proxy had been set to "manually specify proxy
> > settings"; once I clicked change to direct connection, then updated
> > kweather, suddenly I have information for my weather stations.
> >
> > Now the puzzle is, why are my network and proxy settings changed in
> > the TDE Control Center, when in fact I never use those settings. I
> > have my machine set for direct connection, and manually specify
proxy
> > settings for individual applications like browsers or whatever.
>
> This puzzle only you can save! ;-)
>
> Glad it works for you again.
>
> Stefan

Yes, but I wonder why TDE apps will not use system proxy settings. This
is my
main reason for problems encountered with online weather pages, and with
weather apps on my smartphone.

If I am asking what's the weather, then they already know the location
close
enough for my own information. The weather is about the same if it is in
the
same city. But no, they want to know my precise real location, as I sit
here
at my desk, even if I am wondering what is the weather like in London or
Moscow. Is it a matter of national security, to know this about me?

It would be nice to be able to torify TDE apps. :-[

Bill