Re: Trinity Trouble - Konqueror?

On Tuesday 05 January 2021 05:21:41 Edward wrote:
> I agree that Konqueror is an excellent file manager.
>
> The issue, is that once a different browser is launched, the system-wide
> setting for the default browser changes to whatever browser is launched,
> resulting in Firefox and Thunderbird not behaving as expected.
>
> This clearly is overriding any default application settings in the TDE
> Control Center.
>
> If Firefox is set as the default browser on the system, it should stay
> that way.

Did you try changing those settings in about:config? (Nik was more explicit
here.) Also, what other browsers do you use? I believe you never specified
which others. That "something else" that makes system-wide changes is almost
certainly another browser ... although strange things do happen.

Assuming that you are free of viruses, malware, etc., my only other guess
would be Thunderbird, because it's also Mozilla, and *maybe* there could be a
weird connection somewhere. But that seems like a stretch.

You might also want to take a look at permissions. I generally make everything
read-only, no group privileges, unless there is good reason otherwise, so
that nothing can be changed except by myself as admin.

Bill