Re: [users] Trinity Trouble - Konqueror?

On 1/4/21 5:02 PM, J Leslie Turriff wrote:
On 2021-01-04 15:18:02 Edward wrote:
I'm still trying this and that.  But so far, what I am seeing, is that
if /any/ web browser (Vivaldi, Konqueror) is launched while Firefox is
already set as the default in the Firefox Preferences, it /will/ change
the default browser setting within Firefox, whether or not the TDE
Control Center defaults are empty or specify a default; and Thunderbird
will then not open any links, instead creating that Blogs & News Feeds
entry. This also automatically changes that Firefox config entry from
False, back to True.

Suggestions to fix this (so far):

   * Change the setting mentioned in your previous message back to False,
     setting it as the default again, exiting Firefox and Thunderbird,
     then powering down or rebooting the system.

   * Use another browser/e-mail combo. Debian no longer provides
     SeaMonkey and the e-mail app that is now included with Vivaldi, is
     still under Technical Preview, but is enabled in the Vivaldi
     Snapshot release.

   * Not use Konqueror as a file manager.

Testing continues.
	Look also to see if environment variable BROWSER is set, as it was in
my .bashrc (I had apparently set it long ago, then forgotten), causing me
some confusion until I found it.

Leslie

No presence of BROWSER in .bashrc

--