Re: Trinity Trouble - Konqueror?

Anno domini 2021 Mon, 4 Jan 09:33:46 -0500
 Edward scripsit:
> On 1/4/21 9:27 AM, Edward wrote:

> >> It must be something else Edward. I have Konqueror and Firefox open
> >> all the time and I have no problem. Konqueror is open with File
> >> Manager profile, maybe something different from your system??
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>   Michele
> >
> > I used the LXQt Debian 10.6 image to install, then installed TDE
> > after. I have removed the Konqueror icon from the desktop (as Web
> > Browser) and the panel and replaced them with the PCManFM-Qt file
> > manager, which is the default for LXQt. I will see how this works.
>
> I didn't have this problem before installing Trinity, so I may have to
> discontinue using it.

Open Firefox, go to "about:config", enter "browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser", set it to "false".

Quit all firefox instances. Do whatever it takes to make firfox amnesia appear. Reboot, log out, pray to the good of rotten software and lost spagetties. Restart firefox and check if the popup pops up again. If yes, check filepermissions of the ~/.mozilla - e.g. kill all firefox intances, do something like "chown $USER:$USER ~/.mozilla -R; chmod u+rw ~/.mozilla -R", reboot, check again. Repeat till you either find what program changes "browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser" to "true" or the problem goes away.

Nik