Re: Is it possible to modify the TDE Menu search function keybinding?

On Wednesday 23 December 2020 11.59:41 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> Perhaps you try with another keyboard, just to eliminate the keyboard as
> source of the problem

Yes, it IS the keyboard, but there must be some software on the computer to
react to whatever signal the keyboard sends.

> if it is Generic 105 - what is the language and setup

Swiss french, no particular setup that I know about.

> setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us
>
> on Microsoft Multimedia keyboard (don't blame me for the M$ thing :) - it
> turned out M$ multimedia keyboard was the best I could find with wire/USB a
> normal key layout and multimedia keys. I don't understand why vendors start
> either putting the pipe key somewhere at random on the keyboard or just
> omit it)

I also use M$ stuff, in my case a mouse that simply is the best I ever had (I
even have a few spare to make sure I can use them in the future) :)

And as Torvalds is supposed to have said, M$ is not evil, they just make a
crappy OS...