Re: Is it possible to modify the TDE Menu search function keybinding?

On 22 Dec 2020, at 20.16, Slávek Banko via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 of December 2020 14:58:47 Brian Durant wrote:
>> I have been digging around the TDE documentation, as well as the TDE
>> center to see if there is a way to change the TDE menu search function
>> keybinding. I am pretty sure that there is an answer, as there must be
>> others as well, using a non-US/UK keyboard layout. Any ideas?
>
> I looked in the detailed documentation (read 'in the source code') and
> there I read that it can currently only be configured in the configuration
> file named "k_mnu.cpp". See:
>
> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/tdebase/tree/kicker/kicker/ui/k_mnu.cpp#n712

Hmm. Thank you for that Slávek. I agree with the comments in the source code. It sucks - big time. In KDE Plasma, the menu starts searching automatically, when text gets input. Perhaps an alternative? Not useful for my workflow as is, unfortunately. Thanks for digging in the source code.
Brian