Re: Startup Applications - Trinity/PCLinuxOS

On 2020/12/14 04:57 AM, Edward wrote:
Is there a specific menu selection in Trinity to review or select any
startup applications?

I'm specifically trying to get hp-systray (HP Device Manager system tray
icon) to load in at each login under PCLinuxOS and I'm not seeing any
menu selections specific to startup applications. nor anything under
either Trinity Control Center or PCLinuxOS Control Center.

The Preferences in the HP Device Manager show it is set to 'always show'
and it will display in the PCLOS panel once the Device Manager is
manually launched, but at the next login, it doesn't load.

In my Trinity Debian and Ubuntu Trinity installs, it loads in at each login.

Hi Edward,
there are three places.

1) TCC -> TDE Components -> Service manager
2) /opt/trinity/share/autostart as it has already being mentioned. Here the desktop files usually are already updated by the apps, in most cases 3) there is a package called kcontrol-autostart-trinity that allows you to setup additional programs. After installing int, see TCC -> TDE Components -> Autostart manager

Cheers
  Michele