Re: TDE, ALSA and a seperate mic ...

On Friday 27 November 2020 10:27:10 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've an interesting problem: On my T14 the speakers are on hw:0 and
> are linked to the speaker-led (led on: mute, led-off: unmute - looks
> like a hardware thingie as toggling the led toggles the speaker). And
> there's a ghost-mic on hw:0 that looks like a loopback device from
> PCM-out to sound-input.
>
> HDMI is on hw:1 and does nothing useful (no HDMI monitor attached).
>
> The onboard mic is hw:2,0 - it's offically recognised as "asc" without
> any controls (not even on/off). It's also detached from the mic led -
> I can toggle the LED but the mic stays on.
>
> Now kmix sees hw:0 and hw:1, but not hw:2 - and krec cannot capture
> sound. Audacity sees hw:0 + hw:1 + hw:2 and can record sound. Is there
> a trick to make TDE aware of that "asc" mic?
>
> Nik

Those 3 letter agency's will luv that. Just one of the reasons I've never
had a mic cable in the same room. Watch your cell phone battery life for
the same reason, even this cheap trakfone can be turned on to listen
remotely. So its card was allowed to expire a year back. No more
problem.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis