Slightly off topic (oldman Curt's fault): New Build Updates & Questions w/ Thanks

On Monday 23 November 2020, Curt Howland via tde-users wrote:
> On Monday 23 November 2020, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp was heard to say:
> > Installing the base system takes minute, getting the "rest" right
> > takes years :)
>
> My ".kde" directory was imported into ".trinity", so I can honestly
> say if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't even know where to
> start.
>
> The "look and feel" is much the same since KDE2, so I know where
> everyting is. No surprises.
>
> When did I get so stodgy?
>
> Curt-

LOL. Well old Mr Curt,

I move certain things like Konqueror ksidebar, kooldock, and other important
things and related config files, to a "system" dir, in "/foo/system/trinity"
then symlink them to where they are meant to be. I moved kmail to my user
files dir (a new dir I created to contain the commonly found documents,
pictures, video etc within the root of the user. I then symlink kmail and all
it's configs. I use the path settings in kcontrol for everything else.
Firefox and gkrellm go into /foo/system/gapps.

Dirty, controversial, immoral, perhaps, but I never lose anything. Even if
starting from a clean user.

Kate
the scandalous.

PS sorry to throw you under the bus there...
ok not really.