Re: Possible bugs in Trinity Control Center - Printers and OS Installer

Anno domini 2020 Thu, 12 Nov 10:42:00 -0800
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:

> On Thursday 12 November 2020 10:25:57 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Anno domini 2020 Thu, 12 Nov 11:38:47 -0600
> >
> >  Michael via tde-users scripsit:

> > > Hi Nik,
> > >
> > > Do you use incron (incrontab) for this?  You willing to share your script
> > > (assuming it's in bash)?
> >
> > Oh, that's just some lines in /etc/rc.local:
> >
> > (
> > mkdir /tmp/xxx
> > inotifywait -m /tmp/xxx -e CLOSE_WRITE | while read a; do
> >   b=$(echo "$a" | cut -d ' ' -f 3-)
> >   lpr "$b" && rm "$b"
> > done
> > ) &
> >
> > now copy anything you want to print to /tmp/xxx ... hopefully you have set
> > up filters for all the strange files that are not ps, pdf ot txt ... and
> > you could do some better sanity checking  :) Oh, you need inotify-tools,
> > too.
> >
> > > Curiosity, best time waster ever invented!
> >
> > That's why smartphones were invented. with smatphones nobody will ever feel
> > curiosity again!
> >

> > Nik
> >

> As a much younger person once very patiently tried to explain to me: one must
> be "smart enough" to use a smartphone.

I prefer "braindamaged" or "smombie". I remember school as beeing a noisy place. At my last visit the brainded sat side by side staring at a small flickering device - and it was ghostly quiet! Luckily we have "homeschooling" now. The greatest challenge is hitting the keys in a top-down mototion in contrast instead of swiping. Oh my, I'm getting old and grumpy :)

Nik