Re: Possible bugs in Trinity Control Center - Printers and OS Installer

On Thursday 12 November 2020 11:10:11 BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:

> > On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 07:45:15 +0100
> >
> > "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > You can print on any printer, but for zeroconf aka "magicly see
> > > the other printers on the net" you need "avahi" - which I ended up
> > > removing fom any devices, 'cause it screws up routing tables when
> > > you happen to be in the same as a silvery rotton tomato laptop.
> > >
> > > Nik
> >
> > In all the years I've used Linux, the only time I could access a
> > remote printer from another PC, was when the printer was wireless.
> >
> > Seeing CUPS accessing a printer USB-connected to the other PC, that
> > was definitely a first for me.  :)

> We have been using the share printer function for years.
> Go to localhost:631 and go to manage printers in admin.
> It's buried somewhere, in there, an option to share the printer.
>
> Kate
That's half of it Kate, the cups installed on the clients needs to
have "browser" enabled.  Once that's done you can keep the chainsaws
busy. Until you run out of ink or toner.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis