Re: KDE 1 running on Fedora 25

Anno domini 2020 Wed, 11 Nov 08:01:58 +0100
 deloptes via tde-users scripsit:
> Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>
> > And I'm so happy that I'm not the only one with a defective keyboard :)
> >

> or tired from working over hours :/
>
> > BTW, I just ran across KDE 1 in the archive, but on a SuSE CD from the
> > golden times. Didn't boot on my modern T60, which is a pitty.
>
> vm or qemu?

Ah, good point.

> I wonder how people have time to do such things - makes me think I do
> something wrong in my life.
> Why would one spend time on KDE1?!
> I can understand a person that is interested in the history of KDE ... but
> how many people write dissertations about history of KDE?

Well, it's about computer history. Identify the corners and shortcuts that took us into current mess. I know, "from history we learn that we do not learn from history". But seome are interested and worried. What was it like in 1997? What went wrong? Do you remember the time when computers were a tool to help you, not to spy on you?

Nik