Re: [trinity-users] KDE 1 running on Fedora 25

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 18:38:36 +0100
Slávek Banko via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 of November 2020 16:23:58 Michele Calgaro via tde-users
> wrote:
> > On 2020/11/10 10:46 PM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > > Anno domini 2020 Tue, 10 Nov 15:38:13 +0100
> > >
> > >   Slávek Banko via tde-users scripsit:

> > > Would be a start. But I think the spamers will just add another
> > > strategy to steal the mods time and get past him.
> > >
> > > Nik
> >
> > Is there an option to allow hyperkitty web interface only for "approved"
> > users? This way users can still subscribe easily to ML but would not
> > have automatic access to the web interface.
> >

> It seems that the only way to approve a user is when subscribing to the ML.

Okay, so would it be possible to completely block the mail-posting form
and/or the script that takes the form data and passes it to the outbound
server?  By brute force (.htaccess or mangling the code) if there's no
other way?  I think most of us can live without being able to post to the
MLs through the website.  We really only want hyperkitty for the archiving
features.

Requiring moderator approval of first messages is second-best in terms
of strategies, because it eats into the mods' time.

E. Liddell