Re: kworker using a lot of CPU

On 11/09/2020 12:23 PM, Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> kworker, although due to the 'k' at the beginning may give the impression
> that it is related to TDE, it is a thread in the kernel. That's why it
> runs there, even if you login into XFCE.

Just to clarify, it does not start if the system boots into XFCE.  It's seen
with XFCE only if TDE was running before XFCE.  It starts with TDE, whether
booted directly to TDE, or booted to XFCE and then switched to TDE.  So it's
something that TDE is starting.

> The only thing where TDE could be directly related to the kernel is if you
> have SAK turned on. In this case, a special 'event' device for capturing
> the keyboard is created there.

I did have SAK enabled.  I disabled it, rebooted, and the problem remains.

--
PGP key: http://homestead-products.com/pubkey.htm