Re: TDE R14.0.9 released, new target R14.0.10 will start soon...

On 2020/11/04 08:06 PM, Janek Stolarek wrote:
Thank you for the awesome work that all of the devs are doing!

now, after the release of R14.0.9, we are going to open a window to work on R14.0.10.
Somehow I imagined/hoped that R14.0.9 will be followed by R14.1.0. What is the roadmap for the
R14.1.0 release? I am eagerly awaiting support for decrypting encrypted external drives, which I
believe Michele is working on as part of R14.1.0.

Janek

Hi Janek,
we also want to release R14.1.0 as soon as possible, but we don't want to release something which is half-baked.
Unfortunately early days of R14.1.0 development were not properly planned and some stuff went into the code base and it needs to be cleaned up properly before we can release it.
This is pretty much what is left on the R14.1.0 roadmap:

Bug 2273 - Add support for LUKS in next TDE minor release
Bug 2926 - Logout screen - after logout and login no suspend or hibernate option
Bug 2947 - tdehwdevicemanager not functioning properly with cdrom
Bug 2956 - GTK2/GTK3 theme installed: seems to cause confilcts (and bug 3096)
Bug 3073 - QtCurve 1.7.1 backported to Triniry, but no config module and image background does not work - PATCHAVAIL
* TDE/tdebase#22 - TDElaucher crashes after login if username has special characters in it.
* Fix support for suspend code (tdelibs#2, tdebase#16)
* separate Kerberos code from tdm into a separate optional package to avoid unnecessary dependencies for users who do not need Kerberos authentication
* migrate from py2 to py3
* add pinentry-tqt
* media insertion: allow option between popup dialog and using tdehwdevicetray

Some of the points above may actually be delayed, but 4 or 5 are mandatory points.

Regarding LUKS, if you use PTB the code is already there. There are still some points to work on, but the core functionality in linux is working already.

Cheers
  Michele