Re: integration into source-based distributions?

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 08:56:37 -0500
Abe <abe149@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> To make the long story short: I inspected
> <https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Category:Documentation>, and I did
> not find anything about integration into source-based distributions
> [e.g. Funtoo and Gentoo].
>
> Does TDE yet have integration into source-based distributions,
> preferably in an up-to-date fashion [e.g. TDE 14.x is integrated into
> <current/latest major release>.x of some distro]?  If yes, and you
> know about it, then please both reply to my email and update the TDE
> documentation.

There are ebuilds for Gentoo--see https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde-packaging-gentoo
I would expect them to also work for Funtoo, based on what I know about
that distribution, but that has not been tested.

We're currently a bit stalled because the person responsible for merging
changes is AWOL, but if you poke through the pull requests you'll find
ebuilds for much of 14.0.8.  Since Gentoo uses a rolling-release system,
there is no such thing as a Gentoo version, but everything was working
as of three months ago.

TDE is unlikely to make it into Gentoo's main portage tree in the near
future.

(I'm curious as to why you wanted to know this when you're clearly
not a Gentoo user.)

E. Liddell