Re: Migration of services - 5. bugzilla

On 2020/10/13 09:57 AM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
My opinion?  You developers decide.  What’s best for you?

We the users will basically have to learn the software the first time we want
to create a bug report.  So, what software that is, seems pretty much
irrelevant to us???

I guess all I’d ask for is a clearly labeled, “Noobs start here” link so
if/when I do need to file a bug report, I have a well defined checklist of
what exactly to do to file it so it’s useful.  And really well defined!
Start with the basics like, “install package debug-xyz,” “run the program
by ???,” “copy/paste the output of xyz,” “stuff!”

That is a very good point Michael.
The change non only refers to the system used, but also on how it is integrated in TDE code (as in "Report a bug" link in the applications), so it needs to be carefully thought over.

As for TGW, it stands for TDE Gitea Workspace, which has been the main hub for TDE development since 2018 as indicated in all the release notes since R14.0.6 onwards.
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea

User guide on how to use TGW is here:
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/TDE_Gitea_Workspace

To report a bug on TGW, you just need a web browser an follow the steps explained here:
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/TDE_Gitea_Workspace#To_report_bugs_and_suggest_enhancements

Cheers
  Michele