Re: How hard to make KMail multi-threaded?

Anno domini 2020 Wed, 7 Oct 13:40:31 -0500
>> [...]
>
> Ah, sure!
>
> - Start KMail
> - Setup ~50 filters.
> - Setup mail checking every ~15 minutes [1]
> - When KMail checks mail the whole program is 'frozen' until it finishes
> checking for mail. [2]
> - You can use any other program on the machine with no ill effects.
>
> [1] I average slightly over 50 downloaded messages per 15 minute check.
> [2] e.g. If you're in the middle of typing a mail, you can no longer type
> anything into KMail.  If you try to click on some other folder, nothing
> happens.  If you drag some other program’s window over KMail, the KMail GUI
> gets whitened/blanked out until the mail check stops.
>
> This is on my work machine (info below), so it’s not a 10 year old laptop,
> which was why I was thinking it was a multi-thread issue?
>
> Best,
> Michael

This is strange. Do you get hundreds of mails in 15 minutes?

Could you run "htop" in a terminal so that you see which program is blocking? It might be something spawned from kmail or something totally different.

Nik