Re: How to get rid of mailing list footers in replies?

On Tuesday 15 September 2020 11:47:50 am Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> Dne út 15. září 2020 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users napsal(a):
> > 	Whenever I reply to posts on the Trinity list (where we're obligated to
> > bottom-post) I have to backspace over the multiline footer that's quoted
> > by kmail.  Is there an easy way to automate that? It doesn't look like a
> > filter setting will handle that.
> > 	Or maybe the footer needs to be preceded by the standard deliminator
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block#Standard_delimiter
> > so that (hopefully) kmail will strip it off from a reply as described?
> >
> > Leslie
>
> In the mailman settings, I can adjust the footer of the mailing list to be
> preceded by a short signature block mark instead of the current series of
> underscores. Or put there both - add a short signature block mark and
> leave a serieas of underscores for the optical separation of the mailing
> list information.
>
> What is your opinion?

Without exploring what KMail can actually do, maybe this?

====TDE-FOOTER-BEGIN====
Web mail archive available at
https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
====TDE-FOOTER-END====

Basically anything that gives a clearly and specifically defined block for
logic to work on.

Best,
Michael