Re: Re: Migration of mailing lists to a new server

On Saturday 05 September 2020 01:00:22 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:
> On Fri September 4 2020 23:57:06 William Morder via trinity-users via
>
> tde-users wrote:
> > As I said, though, I ran into some problems subscribing. I ended up with
> > an empty, dead email in my inbox, which I cannot delete, to which I
> > cannot respond, and now it seems I cannot send a new one in order to
> > subscribe (maybe because it appears I have already tried, but not
> > responded?).
>
> You have heap big mail server or mail client problem that you should
> consider tackling first.
>
> --Mike

I am offended that you ridicule my Native American heritage. (Actually, I have
only a tiny bit, and do not identify as Native American at all, since I never
knew anybody in my family who was such, but only heard about it. Still, now
that's politically incorrect!)

Okay, seriously.... So I thought, what would Kokopelli do (or any other
Trickster figure). And I copied the dead/empty email that's in my inbox to my
TDE folder, where suddenly it reappeared in all its full glory; then I
replied to the copy of the message, got back confirmation, etc., so it
appears that I am subscribed to the new list, in spite of your best efforts
to foil me.

The empty/dead email is still sticking there in my inbox, even though I tried
deleting it, moving it to trash, etc. Whatever are my big problems with mail
server or mail client, I cannot fathom them. Besides, why now? I have been
using these in the same way since at least 2005 and the first steps into
Linux land.

Bill