Re: Re: how to get tdenetworkmanager - with no wicd ?

On Friday 04 September 2020 00.01:16 deloptes wrote:

> IMO it is the masochists approach. NetworkManager (the service) and the
> client in our case tdenetworkmanager work perfectly fine. I took a notbook
> when traveling last week and booted TDE - WLAN enabling/connecting in the
> hotel room - without any issue.

I'm not opposed to network manager. However it got uninstalled (I obviously
missed it in the list of what got removed, I think it was some apt-get
autoremove). I had to install networking back from packages I downloaded from
another install and I went for wicd because it seemed to have less
dependancies.

Also, AFAIK, wicd does not do this fake-MAC-Address that seems to be so fancy
now, and where I work we get identiified by the MAC address.