Re: Re: network-manager-tde - dependency issues - update

On Tuesday 01 September 2020 12:51:54 Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> libelogind0

NOTE: For some reason, none of the text of Slavek's message was copied into
this reply, except the two lines quoted above. I have copied and pasted
below, just to provide context.

> > > Hi Nik! Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Buster is named only for some oddball third-party stuff; except,
> > > that is, for Trinity-TDE repos themselves (for which, see below).
> > >
> > > deb-multimedia repos (for ? I forget)
> >
> > Ok. That is most likely your troublemaker. You'll need to get rid of
> > all packages from that repo - that will cause some TDE packags to be
> > removed, too, due to dependencies. Identify one of the deb-multimedia
> > packages, then use "apt-show-versions" (most likely you'll need to
> > install it first) and grep for the extensions. This is a tediouse
> > process, I've been through it a couple of times. The only thing you
> > maybe miss is libdvdcss2. I think I installed it from the sources.
> >
> > Nik
>
> Nope. Nothing was installed from that repo (yet), and now it's disabled,
> once again I updated the sources.list, but apt-get keeps returning the
> same message:

>  network-manager : Depends: libpam-systemd

quoted
#######
I did make the arrangements so that I could create a built-root for Beowulf
and test how it is with the network-manager package.

I can confirm that network-manager does contain a dependency on
libpam-systemd. However, it is clear that this dependency can be met by
installing the libpam-elogind package. To my surprise, libpam-elogind
reported a missing dependency because the required libelogind0 package
conflicted with the installed libsystemd0. After replacing libsystemd0
with libelogind0, it was possible to continue.

Note: For just such cases, I use aptitude in interactive mode, because
everything can be elegantly found and solved there.
#######

I don't normally use aptitude or other tools like it (synaptic, etc.). Since I
started using apt-get, I have quite forgotten how they even work. But I
suppose I could give it a try.

> Bill

Cheers
--
Sl�k

Okay, so that did work, and I now have network-manager-tde and
network-manager, so that's great.

Now, on the down side, gufw was removed, which leaves me without a gui
firewall. (There was an earlier discussion about this matter, firestarter
being replaced by gufw.

 gufw : Depends: gir1.2-webkit-3.0 but it is not going to be installed

I could stick with just plain ufw, but as I explained, I want to see my
connections in real time.)

Two steps forward, one step back.

Bill