Re: Setting mouse speed?

Am Freitag 17 Juli 2020 schrieb Janek Stolarek:
> Thanks! (And sorry for late reply)
>
> > That is actually the speed setting :-)
>
> I wonder whether this is bad Polish localization ("acceleration" used
> instead of "speed") or is the term acceleration actually used in
> English TDE as well?

In German it's called acceleration as well, and in English, too. Me
thinks, it's rather a technical term as one from the users POV. There
seems to be a basic speed from the X-window system, which is
then "accelerated" by a factor exponentially increased in dependence of
the initial speed of mouse movement. I guess one would have to look at
the source code for the exact algorithm… ;-)

> I find this confusing, since mouse acceleration
> means something different to me (variable cursor speed depending on
> how fast the mosue is actually moved).

That's what it actually does, AFAIU. When you move the mouse slowly it
is not accelerated as much as when you start to move it with a quick
twist of the wrist. Try an acceleration of more than x3 and you will be
able to observe this clearly.

HTH

Kind regards,
Stefan