Re: what is "platform reset"? (command line TDE install)

On Thursday 16 July 2020 08:38:16 Michael wrote:
> On Thursday 16 July 2020 10:06:55 am William Morder via trinity-users wrote:
> > Felix Miata mentioned something about installing TDE entirely by the
> > command-line. Now where is he when we need him?
>
> That may have been me, this is what I use (from a Debian derivative).
> Basically put everything in simple shell scripts and copy it to the install
> media so you’re not having to type everything from memory.  Really useful
> to add your bin dir and anything else you regularly use from the command
> line. Hack and slash as needed.
>
> Best,
> Michael

No, I know definitely that I heard about it first from Felix, so I wanted to
give props where they were due. However, all contributors are welcome,
especially if they have solutions or handy tricks or workarounds.

Your scripts sound like just the thing, Michael, and I want to incorporate
something like this into my own process, because it takes me at least 5-6
hours to do a complete installation of Devuan netinstall and TDE, enough to
get it up and functioning so that I can resume my *actual* work, rather than
watching my life ebb away while I wait for packages to download; and if I
mess up one of the steps, it can take a couple days to get back to my own
version of "normal" -- so yeah, I'm interested in this topic, so that I can
streamline this part of it.

When I find a suitable laptop, I intend to follow in Felmon's footsteps, more
or less, except that I won't walk so straight a line to get there. Once I
have something like a test machine, where I can experiment and not worry
about disasters, I want to create a Devuan netinstall CD with TDE
repositories added; for now, though, this ranks too low for me to consider.

Bill