Re: what is "platform reset"?

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020, William Morder via trinity-users wrote:

using the following provides no guidance; I need a generic German
keyboard.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

I'm a bit encouraged by Mint but likely the machine goes back to the
store. I couldn't get Deepin. I'll try MX.

f.

Here's a crazy thought. Why not choose German - DE when installing, when asked
to choose language? (I am thinking of the Devuan netinstall version, which is
old-school Debian.)

Then maybe you can deal with adding or changing language later. I am assuming
that you read or speak German well enough for this. At least then you'll see
if you have that character available, and if you can advance farther in the
installation process.

There are some keyboard mapping tricks you can do within Trinity (and probably
other DEs, too), but you have to get it installed first.

here's the problem or two: I don't mind choosing German but I am hesitant to install because I may return the computer. I have to be careful that Windows gets to set itself back to default in case I give up and want to return it.

and the Live boot didn't give me a language option (unless I overlooked it). must be some boot tricks I can try but right now I'm going to look at MX.

Mint almost does the trick but again with installing, I may not get a driver for the wifi and may not get a way to set up the Desktop.... a lot of uncertainties.

I would love to have '|'!

--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.