Re: Trouble mounting sr1 as user but not sr0 updated info

On Thursday 09 July 2020 23:40:10 BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
> I forgot to mention
> but are bluray external powered USB drives.
>

> Hi People (and the rest of you)
>
> Having trouble mounting sr1 as user but not sr0.
> It's clearly a perm problem but I'm at a loss to figure it out as both have
> the same perms.
>
> When trying to mount from media:/ for example I get:
>
> Unable to mount this device.
> Potential reasons include:
> Improper device and/or user privilege level
> Corrupt data on storage device
> Technical details:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such
> interface “org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Filesystem” on object at
> path /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sr1
>
> My user belongs to all the right groups. sr0 works as expected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Kate

Hi Kate!

I assume that you have already dug into fstab and mtab,

You might be able to adapt one of the two methods given in this page. I use
them to automount external HDDs, because then I can just flick a switch on a
power strip, rather than running mount commands. If you don't worry about
other people using your stuff and messing up everything, this might work okay
for you, if you adapt the appropriate lines to your needs.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/how-can-i-automount-my-drives-in-debian-4175436306/

When I want to shut off those external drives, them I run a umount command
that unmounts all external drives at once.

An optical drive (CD/DVD/BD) is a little different, I think, because you
aren't mounting the disc image, but rather trying to get the system to
recognize your DVD-drive itself. But since it's an external USB drive, this
seems like it might work in the same way.

Bill