Re: KMail filter question

On Saturday 20 June 2020 01:30:20 am Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Saturday 20 June 2020 04.40:40 Michael wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is it possible to setup a KMail filter that will:
> >
> > - Only operates in one specific folder (and never in any other)
> > - that removes all messages older than one month?
> >
> > I get a ton of server messages, 50+K per month, that are only useful for
> > a specific number of days.  I know how to filter these info only ones
> > into a single folder, but the deleting I’m not too sure of. (and don't
> > want to have to restore my mail system a dozen times in testing...)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> I would not use a filter. More simply:
>
> - Right-click on the folder you want to do this on. There is a menu
> entry "Expire..."
>
> There you can set whenyou want to expire your messages (read or not) and
> what to do with them.

Perfect Thierry!

The filter that moves them in there can mark them read, only expire the read
ones, and anything else that somehow gets in there shows up in the Unread
column as a double check.

I love this list (well not enough to become a Borg pet, sorry Kate).

If you need anything Drupal, cPanel, or server/web hosting related just ask.
(Well that applies to everyone on the list, y’all are all good people.)

Best,
Michael