Re: Does Trinity run on Debian Testing?

On Sunday 14 June 2020 14:54:21 Janek Stolarek wrote:
> > Or, buy a longer cable?
>
> Actually, I figured I could use Raspberry Pi with NAT set up to forward all
> the wired traffic to the Wifi router.
>
> Janek

For what it's worth, I always run the very latest packages from Slavek's PSB
repository, and use sid packages for everything to do with Trinity, as well
as in one or two other places that need something more up-to-date.

Yet my actual system (on two different machines) is Devuan Jessie and Devuan
Ascii (= Jessie & Stretch in Debian). I wouldn't recommend this for other
software, but it works best for me when using Trinity. So I wouldn't be too
worried about whether it will run on Debian Testing, at least for my self and
on my own machines.

The only glitch is that I still have an issue with that "r14-xdg-update script
problem", which is discussed quite a lot over the past few weeks. Nothing has
been resolved there, but my machine runs just fine, except for some
notifications that I get when booting up. As I intend to invest in some new
equipment very soon, I hope that these annoying little bugs will also
disappear by upgrading to Beowulf/Buster or beyond.

Bill