Re: Behavoir missing from konq settings

On Thursday 21 May 2020 22:06:09 Michele Calgaro via trinity-users wrote:
> On 2020/05/22 12:27 PM, Sl�vek Banko wrote:
> > On Friday 22 of May 2020 03:24:16 BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
> >> Hi humans, AIs and others..
> >>
> >> I hope all of you are well in this zombie apocalypse.
> >>
> >> Well now, update and all seems well save for one thing.
> >>
> >> The Settings->Configure Konqueror and select Behaviour in the iconbar to
> >> the left is missing. I accidently set konq (root) to allow delete
> >> without warning and I want to set it back but can't.
> >>
> >> Any help? Has it been moved? Removed? Zombies get it?
> >>
> >> Oh dear...
> >>
> >> Well thanks to all in advance.
> >>
> >> Stay safe,
> >>
> >> Kate
> >
> > Well, you are right - Behviour, Appearance and Previews & Metadata are
> > missing in R14.0.8! It is not intended - it is regression.
> >
> > Thank you for your warning about it!
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Temporary workaround: open TCC -> TDE Components -> File manager. There you
> can still access the "missing" tabs. We will look into the regression.
>
> Cheers
>   Michele

Check out your config file (or -rc file, as these files always end in rc).
Various "answers" are given online, what this -rc really stands for (root
control or root command, among others), but thus far I am unconvinced. In any
case, these -rc files are supposed to hark back to Unix days, IBM, MIT in the
1960s, etc., so it is your basic bedrock.

/root/.trinity/share/config/konquerorrc

You also have them in other places:
/home/<USERNAME>/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc
(if you have ever used any KDE stuff)
and here:
/home/<USERNAME>/.trinity/share/config/konquerorrc

For myself, I managed to override the system to impose some of my personal
settings on the root version of Konqueror. Much fun to be had here, but be
sure to make a backup of these files before tampering!

Whatever such issues that I cannot resolve by the usual methods, I find that I
can usually change a few details in this file, and impose my own preferences
on Konqueror (or any similar program that uses these files).

Bill