Re: [quite OT] TDE shirts

On Wednesday 22 April 2020 07:46:27 pm David C. Rankin wrote:
> I haven't checked if TDE has any formal organization behind it that was
> created in the past few years, but if not, doing a quick non-profit may
> make sense.

Probably the best way with Tim 'owning' the non-profit.

But, non-profit's rules are fairly odd/strict when it comes to making money.
AFAIR non-profits can't easily sell stuff, so the non-profit itself making
and selling t-shirts is probably a no-go.  Not that there aren't ways around
that (usually something like a commercial entity donates % of profits per
sale of non-profit's licensed product).

I’ve dealt with a bumper sticker place in Austin before that did the above,
once this gets worked out I wouldn't mind contacting them to see if they
still do that.