Re: how to disable ksystraycmd?

William Morder via trinity-users wrote:

> Does anybody have a clue about how to suppress these ghost icons? (And, by
> extension, where are our configuration files, and how do we alter them?)

I am not sure which exactly is the systray - in my language it says system
panel (see attached img15). as far as I know these are applications that
register in the system panel/tray - means it can be only TDE app capable of
registering in the system panel/tray.

on the additional panel I have the tasks (see attached img16) where all
applications show up and you can group them, so instead 20 firefox icons,
you have only one or similar - have a look in the settings (right mouse
click)

On the other topic - for application to be unique, it depends how it is
developed. I am not sure if this would work with not TDE apps. I think it
depends how they have been developed. For example in TDE there is
KUniqueApplication - which is used to start only one instance of the
application in contrast to KApplication - I am not sure if they changed now
to TDEApplication etc. but it is not relevant here.

regards