Re: r14-xdg-update script error when TDM is starting TDE

Dear Stefan,

Am 30.Mar.2020 um 16:50 schriebst Du:

> > You can safely delete the 11 mentioned lines in the
> > ......tdemenuedit.menu -file, you'll find the same entries there
> > again, though starting with tde-....., nothing is lost.
>
> Well, I'm not so sure about that one. The actual files being referred
> to are named kde-*. So, if the entries with "kde-*" are deleted, the
> entries with "tde-*" would probably fail to find the files because
> there are no files named as "tde-*"…

Maybe also the prefix "tde-" is omitted.
Well, a simple exercise to verify.
Copy, to be safe, the file ....tdemenuedit.menu to somewhere else with
an irrelevant name.
Delete the 2 lines with "kde-KMail" in the original file, save the
file, end the session and now restart the whole PC to be sure, that the
memory is emptied.
Ignore, after the restart, the annoying messages and now try to
start KMail as you did in the past. If it starts, problem is solved and
you can delete the other 9 lines. If not, what I very much doubt, you
still have the backup.

Good luck, Peter.