Re: Mime Types

Hi Michael,

On Sunday 22 March 2020 16:11:52 Michael wrote:
> On Saturday 21 March 2020 10:03:34 pm Baron wrote:
> > Hi Michael.

> > > Known problem.  Upsteam of TDE if I remember correctly.
> > >
> > > See this thread 2 months ago for a solution:
> > >
> > > Re:  [Solved] Could not find mime type (Sorry
> > > pop-up spamming) Date: 01/29/20 16:29:23
> > >  From: Michael
> > >  To: trinity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >  Reply to: trinity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > And it's a bug, but not sure whose though.
> > >
> > > To fix add an empty octet-stream file associations under
> > > application.
> > >
> > > TCC >> TDE Components >> File Associations
> > >
> > > Click ‘application’
> > > Click ‘Add’
> > > Paste ‘octet-stream’
> > > Click ‘OK’
> > > Done
> >
> > Thankyou so much, that seems to have worked.
> > I still have to test whether or not a DXF file opens in Qcad as I
> > want.
>
> I found it easier to go into >> File Associations and find an
> exiting entry that starts Qcad, if there is one, and add the
> .DXF/.dxf filename patterns to it.
>
> Best,
> Michael

Unfortunately there wasn't an entry that I could modify, so I had to
add it and then add the *.dxf which I didn't get chance to try first
time around.  By following your instructions. Everything came back to
normal and my Qcad, *.dxf additions do work.

What bothered me was the sudden appearance of the error message.

I've also noticed that around 30 mails have also disappeared from my
KMail inbox.

Thankyou again for your help, its much appreciated.

--
Best Regards:
            Baron