autoremove removed TDE widgets

I thought it was perfectly safe to execute "apt autoremove", which I was under
the impression simply cleaned up old, unused .deb files. Apparently I was
wrong, in a major way :-(

After executing autoremove and rebooting, my TDE desktop is missing all the
widgets that used to be on the desktop and in the panels. Worse, I can't find
them to re-add them to the desktop/panel any more. To give just one example, I
used to run superkaramba; now it can't be found anywhere and I can't add it to
the panel.

What do I need to do to get back my wonderful, functional desktop?

That's the last time I trust "autoremove" to do the right thing....

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans