Re: screen color distortion after xrandr

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, William Morder via trinity-users wrote:

I don't use this thingie, so I thought better to let others have a turn.

It occurs to me that 1) you can create a second user; thus, 2) you ought to
have created a new config file, somewhere, with new settings - probably one
of those -rc files.

yeah, I created a new user, which works fine (and solved some font size problems I still had).

Maybe it's hiding in another location? in /opt, or your home folder, where
Trinity also keeps config files? Maybe it's in the second user's home folder?

got advice to grep around for 'color' and such in config files and a member of another list proposed an interesting experiment:

1) check you have a bash prompt available somewhere, eg a VC.
2) make some change with xrandr (any change).
3) save the configuration.
4) run the line:  find ~ -type f -mmin -3

I'll try this tomorrow.

If so, then you ought to be able to make a backup copy of the *working* config
file. Copy it elsewhere (to another folder or wherever, for purposes of
self-hacking). It goes without saying, that one ought to make backups of
everything now and then; but especially any such files, which are to be used
for these experiments in self-abuse.

Then, maybe you can adapt the settings that actually work, just by changing
the relevant details. Use it to overwrite the problematic configuration file
(... assuming, of course, that there is such a config file).

yeah, if I get hold of the responsible config file I'll likely see the way through.

f.

--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.