trouble with panel icons staying put

Hello TDE users/developers:

I am using debian/buster now since it's release.  I am also using the "preliminary stable builds" of TDE using the following location:

deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity-sb buster deps-r14 main-r14

I am having 3 problems.  The first was with TDM, and that has been resolved (http://trinity-users.pearsoncomputing.net/?0::16492). I think that my 2nd and 3rd problem may be related, so I will describe them both together in this request for help.

Panel icons moving:

My panel is on the bottom centered.  However, it doesn't matter where it is located, the icons will not stay put.  It seems that the last panel I move, continues to follow my mouse when it is active within the panel.  This drives me absolutely crazy.  I have tried the "lock panels" switch, and it makes no difference.  How do I fix this ?

Screen saver/locker not starting automatically:

The (screen saver/lock screen) will not start automatically as it should.  No matter what choice I make for the saver (I prefer blank, but have tried others), if I try to have it start automatically, it will not start.  I can manually start the lock screen, and it works as expected, and unlocks with the password. I have also tried disabling the screen saver provided by TDE, and then use another screen saver from the distribution (such as xscreensaver), and it works fine.  Of course, I prefer to use the TDE screensaver.  How can I fix this ?

I use the commercial nvidia driver installed with debian/buster packages.  I have also tried removing the debian-supplied nvidia drivers, and used the nvidia drivers .run installer obtained directly from nvidia.  Makes no difference in these 2 issues.

I am not sure these 2 issues are related.

Thanks again.

Jim Freels, PhD (retired)