Re: trouble with tdm on debian/buster

I could certainly try this if you give me the specifics of how you did it.  Thanks for the feedback.

On 12/21/19 3:00 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Anno domini 2019 Sat, 21 Dec 08:37:32 +0100
  Thierry de Coulon scripsit:
On Saturday 21 December 2019 00.52:35 James D Freels wrote:
(...)
If I boot up under TDM (after running dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity first
to initiate TDM into the boot sequence), it starts fine, but
continuously hangs in the main console with one of the infamous systemd
problems wherein we get the "a startjob is running ..." and it NEVER
ends until rebooted.
  (...)
   Essentially, I
have NO virtual consoles at all.
(...)
It is at this point, where I need some help in how to fix it, and I
suspect that all debian/buster users may have the same issue, but not
sure of course.
Hello,

I am running Buster with the preliminary builds too and I am not having this
issue.  I have set the timout to 5s however.

What is the startjob that hangs?
May not be of much use (Devuan here) but RND takes an eternity to create entropy and blocks anthing with network written on it (ssh, ...). "haveged" lightens the burden a bit (takes ~ 1 minute to start), but I had to modify the sysv scripts to send all offending processes to the background. Now I'm back to 15 sec. boottime.

Thierry