Re: amarok crashing

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 02:02:33 -0500
"BorgLabs - Kate Draven" <borglabs4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A recent update seems to be causing amarok to crash when I attempt to play a
> song. I get the usual signal 11 stuff of the gui. From the commadline I get
>
> [kcrash] TDECrash: Application 'amarokapp' crashing...
> Invalid write to eventfd: Bad file descriptor
> Code should not be reached at pulsecore/fdsem.c:199, function pa_fdsem_post().
> Aborting.
> [kcrash] Unable to start Dr. Konqi
>
> Any idea as to what might be causing this? It's happening on all pclos boxes.

Well, the error message is bubbling up from pulseaudio, so either amaroK is
passing it the wrong thing, or pulse has a bug.  So, the first question is, do you
actually need any functionality pulseaudio provides and alsa doesn't?  If not,
I would kill it—it's just one more thing that can go wrong on your system.

You might still want to file a bug against amaroK, though.  If you do, it would
be a good idea to include the exact version of pulseaudio that's causing the
problem, and check with your distro to see if they're using any patches that
might affect fdsem.c

E. Liddell